« Home | pray for this guy... » | randy newman sucks » | his, her, our, your, their, my space » | For Sale: Heart's Desire » | CD: A Collision » | i'm not a muslim, but i pretend to be one in the c... » | what 'cha gonna do when they come for you? »

PDL

I just got done reading my daily devotional from Purpose Driven Life and stubled across something extremely quotable from John Fischer.

"All our relationships are vital. God made us this way. Don’t miss the value of the people in your life today. Don’t wait to stumble on a yearbook to appreciate them. Appreciate them now. They are eternal, just like you."

I had never heard of PDL until Megan asked me one time, "Hey, Eric... Do you have A Purpose Driven Life?"

I thought she was starting a philosophical discussion at 2 o'clock in the AM while I was putting her new computer desk together. Turns out it's a book.

Anyway... back to the quote... I can be a little anti-social at times... But I find I'm happiest around my friends. And just getting a simple invite to hang out, or a few people waiting around for me to get done packing up at church can really give me a special feeling. And the anti-socialness seems to dissolve into nothing.

So, thank you, friends, for being friends. God has made us friends and put us in each others' lives for a reason.