« Home | happy little painter » | no, I'M lost » | some things i've been meaning to say » | the most you can ever ask for » | on evil... » | right to bear arms » | i may not be wise, but i have enough wisdom to kno... » | weezer » | my whole world is upside down » | I'll fail over and over again. »

eye que


alright, something's gotta be off here... i took one of those online iq tests on tickle.com (not even linking them b/c they just try to sell you stuff to get your iq test score results).

i took it last week at work (i was bored). since i've never taken an iq test before, or really any other kind of test that measures intelligence since other than placement tests (i never took the act), i had no idea what to expect.

my score... 131. again, i didn't know what that number meant b/c it was just a number. i didn't think it was low, but i had no idea it was high.

i just looked up the curve (a week after i took the test if that shows you how interested i really was in it), and apparently 130 and higher is "very superior." 130 and higher is 2.2% of the population.

i'm not sending my application to mensa just yet... i realize it's just some website and it's probably a far cry form any accredited iq test. and, it is the lower end of "very superior."

i'd feel more uncomfortable about blogging this for the world to see... but i think there's only like three of you that have even read this anyway. so i don't care. i'd hand out my personal info to you anyway.

next blog: my annual income













(not really)

So I took the IQ test too, and I only got 117. You're way smarter than me!

Those IQ tests aren't real. A real IQ test is administered by real scientist type people and costs a hundred dollars and up to take.

Hey, I got like 160 on one of those by reading and chosing the best answer and then guessing with the next alternating letter if I had no clue.

Also, did you know your IQ goes down as you age? At least i think I read that somewhere, I read it a long time ago when I was smarter :-)

BSS

Post a Comment