« Home | traveling » | see what happens... » | self-esteem campaign » | i'm not an adult » | to be relevant » | make giving fair » | sobering fact #23 » | brothers gotta hug! » | cynicism » | half in/half out »

provide an encouraging word

alright, i won't link to yet another relevant article...

but i will quote one.


I want to remind myself what it felt like when people indifferently shrugged off my frustrations. I will try to keep potential difficulties and frustrations from holding me back from supporting new ideas that come along.

Most importantly, I will pray that when someone approaches me with concerns about the new ministry they care passionately about, that I will walk beside them and put an arm around their shoulders, instead of indifferently shrugging my own.


this part really says something for me. the whole article was great, but i can usually find one part that stands alone, and these two paragraphs are just that.

to sum up this article's feeling, i'm just going to copy what relevant used for a tagline. "One person's struggle to not cave into apathy and find God while beginning a new ministry."

i've experienced this. and it's amazing who the people turn out to be that indifferently shrug off your frustrations. or who just turn your frustrations into their own.

but i'll try to keep a positive attitude b/c i know some of them were in my frustrated shoes at once.

one more quote to end this post...

"It should be comforting to learn that I am not alone in having experienced this, but instead it frightens me."

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god_article.php?id=7247

Link