« Home | when's the last time i did that? » | d to the o » | center of the universe » | nevermind... » | public service announcement number ii » | it's over and done with now » | horses find me scary » | cd review: dusk and summer » | whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... those were not my batma... » | those were NOT my underwear »

jeep me!



last weekend i got to drive something a lot like this picture.

it's my cousin's jeep wrangler. he just put a lift kit and tig 'ol bires on it, and it's a pretty sweet ride, let me tell you. i almost had a hard time climbing up into this thing, and my brother had to climb the right rear tire just to get into the back seat.

which, by the way, he could just climb right in b/c we had the top down. ahhh... wind in your hair exhilaration.

we drove it from my house in pekin to the rave movie theater, and it was one of the funnest rides i've ever driven. just being so high up was an experience.

...and then we got on the interstate.

and i had to keep it floored just to get up hills.

see, when you change the size of your tires to something that big, your engine has to work harder to get that larger circumference to rotate around as many times as a smaller tire. also when you change tire size, you change how your speedometer works. your car is calculating your speed based on the circumference of your tire.

we figured out it was reading 5 MPG too slow. so when i'm doing 75, it reads 80. minor inconvenience... better than being the other way around!

the coolest part about all of this... my cousin is thinking about trading his jeep to me for my truck!

the only problem is where he lives now, he needs 4 wheel drive just to get out of his driveway in the winter. so the only stipulation to me getting his jeep is that he has to buy a house first.

here's where any blog readers come in... do you have a house for sale in chilicothe with a flat that my cousin could buy?